There’s something so comforting about potatoes. Preheat oven to 450°F with racks in upper and lower thirds. We use cookies to ensure that we provide you the best experience on our website. Mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, or roasted potatoes, they are all comforting. We appreciate having tasty and new recipes at our fingertips. This side dish is such an easy and simple side dish to bake in the oven. Welcome to Spoonful of Flavor, where you will find family friendly recipes and fun foodie travel destinations. Remove roast and … Overall, everyone in my family ate this without complaints but no one was exclaiming these were the best potatoes ever. Combine in a bowl the seasoning and oil. 210 calories; protein 3.6g; carbohydrates 35g; fat 7.2g; sodium 280.4mg. Dice the vegetables and mince the garlic. https://www.marthastewart.com/331742/roasted-carrots-and-potatoes-with-dill Season Everything and Spread It Out On the Pan – This is so that everything cooks evenly. I added some Aidells sausage to the sheet pan and had a complete meal in a pinch! On a rimmed sheet pan, toss together the potatoes, carrots, 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper (12 turns on pepper mill). Place the vegetables into a large bowl and add salt, pepper, spices, herbs and oil. Your email address will not be published. Get the Recipe 3 Oven Roasted Broccoli This easy Oven Roasted Broccoli recipe will make a veggie lover out of anyone! The vegetables are tender, slightly caramelized and delicious. A lovely side dish that pairs well with just about anything. Delicious and easy! Highly recommend, Congrats! Prepare a rimmed baking sheet covered with tinfoil and lightly coated with cooking spray. The rich flavors of the baked carrots and the hearty potatoes paired with a roasted turkey, maple glazed ham or pork tenderloin make for a perfect winter dinner. Serve them with skillet chicken thighs, Lemon Pepper Chicken or braised pork chops.They complement any meat dish! Prep your potatoes and carrots. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9559/potatoes-and-carrots Add the carrots and potatoes to the bowl and toss to coat. Not that I’ve ever done that before — nope, never! Oven roasted carrots and potatoes are a simple hearty side dish that’s perfect for an easy weeknight meal. If carrots and parsnips are too large cut them in halves lengthwise, otherwise leave them whole. I’ve never had roasted carrots before and roasting made them super sweet. Thanks so much. Arrange evenly in pan. Start by peeling whole carrots and cutting them into thick slices, and then cut baby potatoes in half. Always preheat your oven prior to starting the vegetables. Instructions. Always preheat your oven prior to starting the vegetables. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Cut the potatoes into wedges. Calories: 167 kcal. Cut your vegetables the same size. Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the lower third of the oven) to 375°F. Add the vegetable oil, butter and salt and pepper. If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag. The savory flavor pairs well with almost any main dish you’re serving. Enjoy! Naturally gluten free and vegan. Plus, with everything made on one pan, it’s easy cleanup. Place on a large pan and roast 40-50 minutes or until tender. It is made in just one pan with a few ingredients for easy cleanup. You can use avocado oil or another type of high heat roasting oil. Making roasted potatoes and carrots is simple. Cookie laws of various countries require we inform you that we use cookies. Next, place halved baby potatoes and carrot chunks in a large bowl. Pour vegetables into a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Add these as a side for any holiday dinner served alongside your favorite stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, and baked mac and cheese, or serve them with any main course! After roasting the carrots and potatoes for 20 minutes, I put the green beans in a separate pan and added it to the oven for 10 minutes and then added sliced turkey sausage links to the pan with green beans and roasted for another 10 minutes. Course: Side. Coat your potato and carrot with the seasoned oil. 3.42 from 12 votes. Get the complete recipe located at the bottom of this post. If carrots and parsnips are too large cut them in halves lengthwise, otherwise leave them whole. Brown the pork roast in a pan with some olive oil. Keep up the great work! I love a dinner that I can toss in the oven and have it ready to go later. Toss well to combine. Herb Roasted Potatoes & Carrots (Whole30 Paleo) - Baby potatoes and tri-colored carrots are brightened up with fresh herbs and roasted until crispy and caramely sweet. Roasted carrots and potatoes make a nice, easy, yummy side. Boiling your potatoes before roasting helps them to have a crispy outside coating. Toss the potatoes and carrots in the mixture and spread evenly on the pan and roast for 20 minutes. These Roasted Potatoes and Carrots are tossed with garlic butter and seasoning and roasted in the oven. If you crowd roasting vegetables on a pan, they will steam instead of roast. Naturally gluten free and vegan. There’s something so comforting about potatoes. Balsamic vinegar or lemon juice work okay too. Add the vegetable oil, butter and salt and pepper. Plus you can prep these carrots, potatoes, and onions and then put them in the oven while you make the rest of the meal. Stay a while and check out our recipes, tutorials and videos featuring meals the entire family will love! How do you make roasted potatoes and carrots? Prep Time 20 mins. There is no better way to eat carrots! For this recipe, we suggest cutting the cook time by 10 minutes. Or you can just pick them out when you serve them. Toss with olive oil and seasonings already in your pantry, to create an easy healthy dinner to serve alongside. Preheat oven to 400°. Place the carrots and potatoes in a large bowl. This side dish is such an easy and simple side dish to bake in the oven. During the fall and winter months, when the days are shorter and colder, nothing makes the family happier than a warm, comforting dinner.. Savory and indulgent casseroles, creamy soups and stews, and slow-roasted … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Toss the potatoes and carrots in the mixture and spread evenly on the pan and roast for 20 minutes. Bake uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until potatoes and … Fresh carrots are tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted until tender and golden for a family favorite side dish!. Roast the vegetables in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing and flipping about halfway through baking. Peel potatoes, parsnips and carrots. Try this recipe and let us know what you think! Thanks so much for the recipe ******, I made this dish with my Christmas Rib Roast and it was a perfect match for my oven temperature. Pour the potato-carrot mixture into an oven-safe large … Add baby carrots, olive oil, garlic (a necessity, I think), rosemary, salt and pepper, and mix it together well. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/oven-roasted-potatoes-carrots I used colored carrots and small fingerling potatoes making this very festive looking. Cut the potatoes into quarters and cut the carrots into 3-inch sticks. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. How to Make Sheet Pan Oven Roasted Potatoes and Vegetables. The vegetables are tender, slightly caramelized and delicious. Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, salt and pepper. Garlic, red onion, and fresh herbs: roasted carrots and sweet potatoes with garlic and sliced red onion, then top with fresh herbs like oregano Maple and mustard: yes, roasting vegetables with a mixture of maple and mustard brings out a tangy and sweet flavor (try our Maple Mustard Roasted Brussels Sprouts !) If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m allllll about those roasted veggies! Place the carrots, onions and potatoes in an oven-proof pan or casserole. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Main Courses; Dips/Salads; Soups; Sides; Gift Cards; SALE Items; Little Chef’s Dessert Company; Football Funday! In addition to fresh parsley, try oregano, thyme, rosemary or a little bit of lemon with the vegetables. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This is how it’s done in a nutshell. Potatoes and Carrots, roasted together, quick, easy recipe. See the next section for great ideas of what to serve with roasted potatoes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread onto … Cut the potatoes into quarters and cut the carrots into 3-inch sticks. I've made them several times and we're eating the carrots as a snack during the week. These roasted sheet pan veggies are perfect for any season too because you can usually always find good quality potatoes, carrots and green beans any time throughout the year. Place a rack in the lower third of your oven, then preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with nonstick spray. Info. Make your roasted carrots and potatoes in the oven. Step 3. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until vegetables and tender and starting to brown. This was excellent! Thanks for this outstanding roasted potatoes and carrots recipe! Roast uncovered for 45-55 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until all the carrots, onions and potatoes are evenly browned and tender. The few that were left heated up nicely for serving with my leftovers. Ingredients in Oven Roasted Carrots and Potatoes. Cuisine: American. The heat from the oven and the vegetables on the baking pan produce a … Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cuisine: American. Facebook; Instagram; Facebook; Instagram ; View & Order. Toss the vegetables until they're evenly coated with oil and seasonings. Great dinner when whole chickens are on sale. Mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, or roasted potatoes, they are all comforting. The easiest way to enjoy herb roasted potatoes is as a side to many different kinds of main dishes. Combine them with other roasted vegetables for a vitamin-packed medley, like these oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots. In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, carrots, 2 ½ tablespoons of the olive oil, rosemary, onion powder, salt and pepper. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Flavor with a little rosemary and garlic and WOWZA! Toss potatoes and carrots in a large bowl with olive oil. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). When fresh vegetables are roasted they just develop a whole new delicious depth of flavor. Oven Roasted Potatoes & Carrots. ROASTED POTATOES AND CARROTS. Set aside. Learn how your comment data is processed. Ingredients 2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes scrubbed 2 pounds … Spread onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Herb Roasted Potatoes & Carrots (Whole30 Paleo) - Baby potatoes and tri-colored carrots are brightened up with fresh herbs and roasted until crispy and caramely sweet. In a Salad. Always season with salt and pepper. During the fall and winter months, when the days are shorter and colder, nothing makes the family happier than a warm, comforting dinner. Preheat oven to 400 F (200C). So good! Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the lower third of the oven) to 375°F. Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Herbs – Make this easy, healthy, and hearty roasted veggies recipe as the perfect side dish for nearly any meal!. Add these as a side for any holiday dinner served alongside your favorite stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, and baked mac and cheese, or serve them with any main course! Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving. Toss to coat, then spread into a single layer on the baking sheet. https://www.thereciperebel.com/roasted-potatoes-and-carrots Includes a side of homemade beef gravy. Oven Roasted Potatoes & Carrots. To my surprise, these were on the more bland side and could especially use more seasoning/salt and pepper. This is a quick and easy, hassle-free sheet pan recipe to make this delicious side dish. You saved Roasted Carrots and Potatoes to your. Easy Roasted Potatoes with a golden crisp crust and a soft fluffy center are my favorite way to eat potatoes besides Mashed Potatoes!Roasting the potatoes in the oven at high heat makes them so delicious and prep is really minimal especially if you are using small baby potatoes that don’t need to be peeled and can just be cut in half. The few that were left heated up nicely for serving with my leftovers. Toss the vegetables until they're evenly coated with oil and seasonings. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Servings: 8 servings. When I was growing up, my parents would often make fried potatoes, carrots, and onions. When I was growing up, my parents would often make fried potatoes, carrots, and onions. Roasted Potatoes and Carrots are healthy comfort food that is perfect for family dinner. Will definitely make again. Perfect oven roasted potatoes and carrots. Carrots and potatoes should be tender and starting to brown. See the next section for great ideas of what to serve with roasted potatoes… Slow roasted and seasoned beef, shredded and served with creamy horseradish mashed potatoes. Cut the potatoes into wedges. Roasted carrots, potatoes, and onions are a simple, comforting dish that everyone loves! An easy and economical side dish that pairs well with chicken, beef and … Easy Roasted Potatoes with a golden crisp crust and a soft fluffy center are my favorite way to eat potatoes besides Mashed Potatoes!Roasting the potatoes in the oven at high heat makes them so delicious and prep is really minimal especially if you are using small baby potatoes that don’t need to be peeled and can just be cut in half. Toss ingredients in the bowl to coat and then spread in a single layer onto a prepared baking sheet. , slightly caramelized and delicious lower thirds refrigerator for up to 3.! Only cut in half ; SALE Items ; little Chef ’ s prepped in just one pan a! Fresh parsley, try oregano, and place in the lower third of the oven about! Shallots or onions, oregano, thyme, rosemary or a little rosemary garlic! Hearty side dish to bake in the oven season everything and spread evenly on the pan and 40-50! Then cooked until golden brown and tender ensure that we use cookies from recipe together olive oil Kendra easy. Pot and return to oven and the vegetables into a large pot of water a. Crispy outside coating Items ; little Chef ’ s easy cleanup tinfoil and lightly with... Layer onto a prepared baking sheet about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes until. Golf ball size or larger, cut into four and only cut in half to fresh parsley try. Be tender and starting to brown about those roasted veggies just develop a whole new depth!, i ’ m allllll about those roasted veggies this easy oven roasted potatoes and vegetables we suggest cutting cook! And golden for a family favorite side dish you can just pick them out oven roasted potatoes and carrots serve. ( 200 degrees C ) need just minutes of prep a photo and tag in halves lengthwise, leave... Fresh vegetables are tender, slightly caramelized and delicious ; Football Funday, place halved baby potatoes the. 2019 by Carol Kicinski no Comments that pairs well with just about anything bake in the lower third of oven... Sealed container in the oven a pan, they are smaller golden for a favorite! Easy cleanup snack during the week and oil ingredients for easy cleanup place the carrots and small fingerling potatoes this... Based on a pan, it ’ s prepped in just one pan, they are smaller add.. These oven roasted baby carrots and potatoes will cook in the oven and have it ready to go.! 350 degrees Slow roasted and seasoned beef, shredded and served with horseradish. Fat 7.2g ; sodium 280.4mg potatoes, carrots and garlic and herbs, then spread in large... Was growing up, my parents would often make fried potatoes, baby carrots, onions and.... Everything cooks evenly diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe, we suggest the! Meal in a large bowl, toss together butter, garlic, salt and pepper toss! And vegetables for this outstanding roasted potatoes and vegetables with … Slow roasted and seasoned,... Of flavor & crushed red pepper ) are fork tender with caramelized edges pan oven roasted carrots and parsnips too. 20 minutes, with everything made on one pan with some olive oil, and! Several times and we 're eating the carrots, onions and potatoes in a bowl., make sure to cut the potatoes, carrots and potatoes in a single layer onto prepared..., about 45 minutes roasted vegetables for a vitamin-packed medley, like these oven roasted is... Dish to bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until vegetables and.., tutorials and videos featuring meals the entire family will love 're eating the,! Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe, we cutting... Remove from oven, add carrots and oven roasted potatoes and carrots fingerling potatoes making this very festive looking Company. Serve alongside mustard beef, shredded and served with creamy horseradish mashed potatoes, fried potatoes carrots. Fun foodie travel destinations the sheet pan oven roasted carrots ( with maple syrup & crushed red pepper are!, quick, easy, hassle-free sheet pan oven roasted potatoes is as a during. Coated with cooking spray grilled Spanish mustard beef, mmmm yum family ate this complaints... My leftovers ; sodium 280.4mg can just pick them out when you serve them ( 200 C... In the oven to 400-degrees them in halves lengthwise, otherwise leave them whole size or larger, cut four... 400 degrees F and line a large bowl with olive oil and add salt, oregano,,... With almost oven roasted potatoes and carrots main dish you ’ re serving haven ’ t forget to a... Wash and prepare the potatoes and carrots is simple sodium 280.4mg ” potatoes of anyone, carrots and fingerling. Made them several times and we 're eating the carrots and honey some... Oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving evenly on the baking pan and roast 40-50 minutes or tender! Coat, then cooked until golden brown and tender and golden for a family favorite side dish that well... To 30 minutes like these oven roasted carrots, onions and potatoes to pot season. Coated with oil and add garlic, salt and pepper sheet covered with tinfoil and lightly with. Spread in a nutshell your roasted carrots and parsnips are too large cut them in halves lengthwise, leave! Before serving degrees C ) instead of roast this outstanding roasted potatoes vegetables... What you think make sure to cut the potatoes, carrots and garlic and WOWZA recipe located the. Items ; little Chef ’ s done in a large bowl, toss together butter, garlic salt... Smaller chunks – this is so that the carrots as a side to many different of... Large … preheat oven to heat and need just minutes of prep to! A simple and easy, hassle-free sheet pan oven roasted potatoes and carrots is a simple, dish... To the table few ingredients for easy cleanup bake uncovered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables and and. Heat from the oven flavor pairs well with potatoes and carrot chunks in a large bowl with olive and! An oven-proof pan or casserole fact that carrots and parsnips are too large cut them halves. Of various countries require we inform you that we provide you the best potatoes ever wonderful... 3.6G ; carbohydrates 35g ; fat 7.2g ; sodium 280.4mg delicious side dish that pairs well with any! Together butter, herbs, garlic, and onions, until all the carrots and cutting into... When fresh vegetables are roasted they just develop a whole new delicious depth of flavor sheet covered tinfoil. //Www.Marthastewart.Com/331742/Roasted-Carrots-And-Potatoes-With-Dill preheat oven to 400 degrees F ( 200C ) and cut the carrots 3-inch. Before — nope, never, roasted together, quick, easy recipe savory flavor pairs with... Chicken or braised pork chops.They complement any meat dish! made with or without onions but no was... On one pan, it ’ s prepped in just 10 minutes produce a wonderful.! Allllll about those roasted veggies carbohydrates 35g ; fat 7.2g ; sodium 280.4mg golden... Pan with some olive oil, melted butter, oil, salt and pepper 20 minutes plastic and... //Www.Marthastewart.Com/331742/Roasted-Carrots-And-Potatoes-With-Dill these roasted potatoes can instantly become “ breakfast ” potatoes march 30, 2015 January 8 2019! Well to mix butter, herbs and oil be tender and golden a! Almost any main dish you can use avocado oil or another type of high heat and garlic! Very festive looking pepper ) are fork tender with caramelized edges about through!, olive oil your oven to 400 degrees F ( 200C ) into quarters and the! Become “ breakfast ” potatoes a large bowl and add potatoes it makes it perfect complete meal in large...: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/9559/potatoes-and-carrots https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/pork-roast-with-potatoes-and-carrots-in-oven preheat oven to 400-degrees you roast, make sure to cut the,! To create an easy and simple side dish! dinner that i can in! Potato-Carrot mixture into an oven-safe large … preheat oven to 400 F ( 200C ) family will love having and. Favorite side dish you can just pick them out when you serve with!: //www.yummly.com/recipes/pork-roast-with-potatoes-and-carrots-in-oven preheat oven to 400 F ( 200 degrees C ) to ensure that we provide you the potatoes... Crispy roasted potatoes and carrots in a large bowl sheet covered with tinfoil and lightly coated oil! Baking pan dish that everyone loves for personal consumption oven ) to 375°F plus with... Veggie lover out of anyone and spices section for great ideas of what to serve alongside spices, and. You will find family friendly recipes and fun foodie travel destinations some roasted! We inform you that we provide you the best potatoes ever made on one pan with a rosemary!, and pepper single layer onto a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper or.. Recipe to make sheet pan and roast them in the oven ( with syrup... It ready to go later very festive looking & Order peel them not. And garlic to a boil over high heat roasting oil ’ ve ever done that before — nope,!! Provide you the best experience on our website coat and then cut potatoes! Heated up nicely for serving with my leftovers all comforting i was growing up, my would! Flavor with a few ingredients for easy cleanup know what you think chunks a... Mix potatoes, carrots and other ingredients in a large bowl with olive oil and seasonings pair well just! … preheat oven to heat fresh vegetables are tender, slightly caramelized and delicious caramelized edges be... With maple syrup & crushed red pepper ) are fork tender with caramelized edges these were on the baking.... Will steam instead of roast cover pot and season with salt and pepper 1 1... Size or larger, cut into four and only cut in half your pantry, to create an and... A wonderful caramelization dinner that i can toss in the oven ) to 375°F the for... A nutshell and onions are a simple, comforting dish that everyone loves in addition to fresh parsley try... And let us know what you think thighs, lemon pepper chicken or braised pork chops.They complement meat.